Garage Sale (aka Yard Sale) season is almost upon us!
It can become disheartening when it appears as though there is only junk or dated items to be found. But, when you remember that almost anything can be painted, it changes everything!
I encourage you to start looking at the bones of an item, focusing on it’s structure and shape! With this change in mindset you’ll start finding all sorts of great items.
Here are some terrific examples of what can be done with Garage Sale finds:
1. don’t let those brass or chrome chandeliers scare you, look what can be done! (image from Apartment Therapy)
2. Kitschy items and a broken old camera are transformed with a coat of bright glossy or matte spray paint. (image from Shelterness)
5. Swirl paint around in a clear glass pitcher, vase or bottle and then let dry. Looks so pretty! (image from WipKits)
6. Update an ornate gold frame by spraying it in a modern matte colour and switch out the glass or mirror for a piece of patterned material. (image from CushyCottage)
7. Spray paint and bedazzle old hard cover books to create a beautiful accessory or lamp base. (image from ChristyJohnson)
8. Create stunning candle holders from old jars by wrapping yarn around the jar, spray paint, and then peel off the yarn leaving a modern line pattern. (image from MarkMontano)
So, as you wander through Garage/Yard Sales this spring remember inspireling‘s words: focus on shape and structure!
Have fun searching and painting!